Thread: F29 Retaliator
View Single Post
Old 26-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #9
Pellaeon
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_lobo View Post
One of the greatest oldies finally here! If I remember correct, I have never manage to land without crash. Anyone has some tips?
Landings need some practice to make, but you'll land fine later. Here's what you - basicially - have to do.

1. Align yourself into the position of the runway. You may land from either direction. (North or South.)
2. Turn to the position to the runway you choose to land.
3. When the runway is in visual range (you see it clearly), decrease your throttle with the '-' (minus) key until runway speed. (You may even turn it off.)
4. Try to get close enough to the runway, with a speed between 150 and 250. If you're a bit faster, turn on the brakes. If you're too high, turn on the brakes and pitch down. if you're way too fast, leave the brakes off and set throttle back to 100%, return to point (1). If you're too slow, immediately set throttle back to 100%, return to point (1).
5. You can realease your gears and flaps safely below the speed of 250. (press G and F to release them.) Use your brakes smartly.
6. Land. Flaps allow you to land at a smaller speed, but you may still stall.
7. After landing, press ESC for debriefing or take off again. (if you have the free space.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohouapss View Post
Great game, is it playable without an analog joystick though?
I tried to play with my PPJoy virtual joystick, and in theory, it works. Just press the button 'J' in flight.
Violets are #0000FF
I am coming
To kill you.

"Concentration, focus, long-term thinking--those are the qualities that seperate a warrior from a mere flailing fighter." Grand Admiral Thrawn
Pellaeon is offline                         Send a private message to Pellaeon