View Single Post
Old 29-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #112
Pex
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRS View Post
Was I doing that? I've started new question. Maybe you should start by addressing it? Other forums would issue a warning had I tried to make na new thread similar to existing one, here someone whines (no offense) that I posted in correct thread? Well, next time lock it, to make it sure noone resurrects it.
I never said you were addressing the old posts - I almost did it before I realised how old they were. And I wasn't going to post reply to you before mods confirmed we can use this thread.

I understand your frustration with turn limits, because it indeed dictates your style of play, even unit selection. I'm in the middle of playing Fantasy Wars and like Panzer General it has different levels of turn limits - if you finish mission soon enough you get better bonuses (in case of Panzer General it was also bonus missions) and there was also the ultimate turn count which you couldn't breach without failing a mission. So, I had to play aggressively and I also had to choose fast units for the game, since slow ones would end up stranded half the map while the fast ones would attack the final objective. And that's another thing, there were cities/forts that you had to capture as objectives and there were those you didn't. I like to capture them all (since they give you some bonus and units get experience), but sometimes I didn't have enough time to do it, since I had to focus on objectives.

Saying everything above, I also think that it's good to have a random turn limit mission in generally non-turn limit game, like it happens sometimes in different HoM&M games. It spices it up a bit, adding extra challenge and breaking monotony.

On different topic, I much prefer turn-based games to RTS. I simply like to take my time to make decision.