View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #39
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchsen View Post
No offense, but we knew that already. Better said, we knew that it is a little bit different. URL encoding is not the problem (spaces work, for instance) but the solution. The & is parsed as AND so we have to replace it by %26. For 7th Legion I thought that the problem could be that it was 7th Legion, The in the past. Tests via dummy accounts didn't confirm that, though.
Forum is supposed to be about open discussion, emphasis on open. To me, this means listening to others is just as important is spouting out my own opinions. So...

From "The Tick" (paraphrased):
Arthur (?): No offense intended, Tick.
Tick: No offense comprehended.

If "we" already knew that, then I was not a member of the "we" when that happened. I knew something about the ampersand (&), but couldn't remember the number needed to replace it, so I tried looking it up on the Internet.

I didn't know anything about the The for 7th Legion, but that just leads me to believe it is possible that the data for that entry exists in two places in two different forms. If that were true, a == would never be possible since the information doesn't match itself.

I'm still trying to figure out why it accepts spaces which, according to theory, should technically be %20, but they show up as plus signs (+) in the URL. It's an opportunity for more knowledge and a learning experience for me, so I thought I would share what I discovered on the way.

Anyway, I was just looking at it from the viewpoint of a puzzle to be solved. I've heard that if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. This might not always be true, but it didn't feel right to me to constantly complain about not getting my PoE for the Daily Quiz errors without trying to do at least a little bit of research as to why.

The game is afoot kind of thing, you know? Hmm... there is no Sherlock Holmes smilie...
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid