View Single Post
Old 20-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #12
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

After delving into classic wrestling so much, I'm gonna take this opportunity to change my favorite timeline of wrestling (it still fits into the Golden Era so my vote still counts) to WCW's prime time of 1998-1999, particularly because of my new favorite wrestler (or should I say, former favorite renewed), Goldberg. I was 10-11 years old at the time, and it was the time when I was REALLY into the action. I was a major WCW fan back then and didn't really care about the WWF. I just loved seeing Goldberg pummel opponent after opponent and build up his incredible winning streak...

One Friday night in June 1999, my Dad took me to a WCW exhibition at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Goldberg wasn't there that night, but nevertheless I got to see many legends, and it remains to this day one of my fondest memories. Among the wrestlers I saw that night were Prince Iaukea, Ric Flair and Buff Bagwell (who were facing off in a "microphone war" that night), and Curt "Mr. Perfect" Hennig (who at that time was the leader of the country-lovin' rap-haters and participated in a hardcore tag-team match that night). The main event was a triangle match between Diamond Dallas Page, Bam Bam Bigelow, and Sting (my brother's favorite wrestler back then), but it turned into a handicap match as DDP and Bam Bam were partners at the time. Sting beat them both and won the match. I also met Lex Luger signing autographs and bought some WCW merchandise (a fake world championship belt for me and a sting mask for my brother). It was a great night.
SpiDoL is offline                         Send a private message to SpiDoL