View Single Post
Old 20-09-2011, 02:38 AM   #11
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Scripted isn't really the right word for wrestling matches, well not all of them. Some are heavily scripted and nearly every spot is picked out before. But a lot of the stars only have the ending scripted and a few spots here and there. They talk in the ring and use the crowds reactions to tell if they can go longer or need to wrap up. The referee will also tell them to "Go Home" if they need to finish up fast from a bad reaction or time constraints. Nearly every time you see two together they are talking, given very short commands on what happens next. The Ref will also do the same thing, carrying commands from one to the other or giving his own.

Even then a stuff up during the match can lead to the "wrong" man winning, someone hurting themselves might lead to them having to lose when they should have won. So while it is all fake it is still amazing to me to watch as the stars work the crowd and themselves, pulling off moves that take skill and strength all from a few split seconds of command from one to the other.

Then again I am a Smark, (a smart mark) someone who knows some of what happens back stage but still loves the show that is presented. I am there for the skill and the drama to me it is like a action packed soap opera.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86