View Single Post
Old 19-10-2019, 10:03 AM   #457
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Thumbs up Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded

Let's see this game:

extra skills:
most of their purpose is destroyed them being single chois thingies, but whatever, right?
- self treatment, aka. regeneration: obviously your basic lifehack skill. You are beginner, or like to not loose at all cost? Pick this skill, and stand around healing between waves. Obviously the strongest skill in the game.
- vampire: I have no idea how this works, but most probably regeneration when doing damage. Seems the weaker cousin of the above skill.
- night vision: eliminates a semi-key feature of the game, aka. the constant darkness. You shouldn't need this with all the flashlights, and even night-vision googles. But if you don't want the regeneration, but still want an obvious advantage, pick this.
- economist, aka. more money: why would you want more money? You have to buy item (weapon) a single time in the game to be honest, maybe another for the very late game. On the other hand I doubt the money would be enough to always repair your stuff (I mean armor, drone, medikit supply. Weapons don't get damaged, and there are way too much ammo).

Talking about weapons: pistols suck - unless you preserve the cigarettes from mission 2 to the start of mission 4 and not sell them for a crappy +1-15 one attribute implant at the start of mission 3. Even the best implant even worth less then the midgame-pistol you get (worth 1000-1500 less gold than the pistol).
Oh, a crappy design choice: wondering in the HQ counts as part of the coming mission, so selling stuff is tedious. The good side is, if you underpack supplies, as the only save you have is restart mission, you'llalways be able to buy additional stuff. Still tedious.

Talking about implants: many of them give boost to your intelligence, what's only purpose is to wear implants, so it's a self-defeating attribute.

- analyst, aka. more exp. I think it doubles the amount you earn. Usualy the extra exp only means 1-2 extra levels in the end, so who realy cares? Still mean SOME advantage I assume...
- observer: gives more money? maybe highlight the secret rooms? Who knows, who cares.
- hypnotizer: the enemy comes closer. Why on earth would you want that??? They come close easy enough anyway.
- boxer: you can roll fighting barehanded. Any character can push the "0" button, but this can also roll with the mouse's gear. This is the ONLY stat that rises the fist-damage! STR does NOT incrise fistfighting's effectiveness! The monsters damage, number, speed, maid-lategame capability to shoot projectiles, and the fact you get in late missions infinite ammo gatlings, mostly defeats its purpose, but if you want a challenge in this game, you might give it a try.

stats:
- health: more max. HP. When investing in it, the actual HP rises (and falls!) too
- strength: more max. ammo. Usualy SMG-mags and shotgun-shells are aplenty, so either you can sell even when using these weapons, or rise STR to carry all. Also rises HP, I think by half like health directly.
- speed: walking speed gets faster. Pretty irrelevant.
- accuracy: I'mnot sure about this, as you aim too manualy. Maybe 50 in it is a good invetment if you use guns. Does not effect Boxer.
- intelligence: in theory some implants have requirements in this. I never seen that happening.

character creation analysis:
- you can start the game w/o spending your 3 bonus point by doiuble clicking the start-button! Each bonus-point either means 10 stat-point in 1 stat, or 1,000$.
- 1st male: has the least amount of statpoints (91), low money (ca.500 like mostmales), starts with pistol. He can still be a choice if you go Boxer, as he has 64 in strenght + health, but more in STR than HP though.
- 2nd male is a crappier version of the 1st male, only starts with a shotgun. It's not much of an advantage, especialy as shotguns have low shooting frequency, and you find similar shotguns soon enough. Avoid.
- 3rd male has the most statpoints (98), fopcus being on HP, while all the other stats are 10-15 which makes it a balanced jack-of-all-trades character, so it is a good pick for Boxer if you worry thatlater on you'll have to use guns eventualy. Also starts with the most amount of cash any male starts with (1100). Starts with a rifle AND a grenade launcher (slow, but at least hits on impact).
- 4th male has very strong Boxer-capability with 65 pont in HP + STR, plus another 8 STR from starting implant (which also means like 500-750 cash when sold).
- 1st female invested in implat-wearing, but I never actualy seen any demand of intelligence, and implants are expensive, and doesn't help that much. Her scores are a weak boxer's (57 in sum, but from those 15 is implant, so actualy only 42). Starts with 1500 cash.
- 2nd female is equaly crappy as the 1st, but starts with infinite ammo pistol (who cares, after the 1stmission you'll get the flare pistol anyway),and has 3500$, the most on any character. Also wears some leather armor.
- 3rd female has 43 in aiming, making her friggin obvious choice for any gun-user. Also has a leather armor. "Only" starts with 1000 cash.
- 4th female has balanced (15-20) all stats, 1500$, and a metal armor. Unless armors are über (they aren't), skip her too.
SUMMARY: the best choice for the regular gamer is the 3rd female. Males are only candidates for Boxer.

missions:
Here is a link to all(?) Secret Rooms.

- mission 1 is very easy. Only late-mission you face a single group of enemies, and there are healing supplies on the walls, each healing 20.
Monsters can randomly drop healing, or ammo or cash. They never srop other equipment (armor, weapon, drone etc.)
SW secret: found a shotgun
IMPORTANT NOTE: before entering the complex through the E secret, BLOW UP THE GATE WITH THE DYNAMITE, else you don't gain exp!
If you entered through the E secret room (in which I found an implant), don't forget to go outside to the inner court for loot (where I found another implant, and a pistol).

- mission 2 is easy. There will be monsters from the beginning starting here finaly. My advice is to never wear armor, as there are healing posts, which heal you to the max infinite times whenever you get hurt.
Starting here come some big-ass bipedal lizards (you'll know when you see), and they have a crapload of HP, aka. can't be onepunched with 55 in Boxer. I'm doing a boxer and will report the situation. My boxer does wear the armors unfortunately, because the game doesn't explain shit, and there are no guides in mind of this (everyone use guns). If I'll have to start over, as I'm not sure grinding is possible, I'll miss my flare-gun. The game randomly gives you weapons from its pool, what is an annoyance, and one of these is an infinite ammo flare gun, which canbe used as free flashlights, so it is pretty fun.
Ah, a gun is DEMANDED even for a boxer, to "open" crates, because some are exploding for no reason!
NOTE: I (meaning the above linked guid) miss a secret in this mission, only shows 16 of 17! NOTE 2: Ok, there it is. Where there are 3 actual room secret-room, there's also a destroyable wall as a 4th secret-room.
Details: found the flare-pistol in the base, also a basic flashlight (as looted this box a couple of times already, I think this item is fixed).
In Secret 4 (check link) is anarmor, and an implant. Agan, I think these items are actualy fixed.
Secret 6 has one of those +100 HPs.
Somewhere along found the mini-uzi, and another (way better/efficient) machinegun.
Secret 9 has another +100 HP.
Well, just loot everything, ok? I'll tell if something actualy significant is found/happens.
If Boxer, get +100 HP when joining the soldiers to be able to fight in the front row.
And when going for the exit-terminalat the end, get another, because it'll be a BIG fight. When you see the crew standing around DO NOT APPROACH, because when you do, the doors will close (for the fight).
Secret 11 has a third +100 HP, so if you did all right, you can leave by picking it up.

- mission 3 is still easy. There are medical posts too, and a note: do not enter the secret rooms unless you expect a big fight, because some have +100 HP which can go over the maximum. So best kept them for Big Obvious Ambushes.
Secret 10 has a leather armor.
Secret 5 has +100 HP - get it before trying to enter the mayor's office (two soldier will be standing there to cover you).
HQ: radar becomes available (not useful), night googles (best flashlight?) becomes available.

NOTE ON A BUG: the "secret room" mechanic is not thought through, as you CAN pass through WALLS, forcing you to restart missions occasionaly. Better stick to the secrets-guide above, eh?

- mission 4: aaand here is where the fun stops. The enemy starts to shoot, in hordes, thus you must abandon punching them. Nah.

Last edited by twillight; 19-10-2019 at 06:02 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight