View Single Post
Old 25-04-2020, 12:23 PM   #3
Scatty
Treasure hunter

As it's a 2001 game, it's likely that its targeted Windows version was Win98 SE, possibly still able to run fine with Windows XP, but Windows 7 is already way more modern, and 64 bit. That already complicates matters for old Windows games, which would be 32 bit programs, although often such games are still able to run without too many problems on modern operating systems.

First thing I'd recommend, is that you download & install DirectX 9, last version from June 2010 - here. Old Windows games are often having troubles with any DirectX newer than 9, don't know now which one Windows 7 has by default, 10?
You can have multiple versions of DirectX installed, so you don't have to worry, and DirectX 9 is backwards compatible to Directx 7, so it just might solve a few problems with Dino Crisis 2.

Now unfortunately I don't know the game myself either, but from your screenshots it looks like it supports only older standard resolution like 640x480, which would look very small on modern hi-res computer monitors. There might be a possibility to either set a higher resolution with the game options, or manually edit it's configuration file to hard-set a resolution to something higher, and see if it works. However, editing configuration file requires knowing what it's called, and is a bit more advanced thing, so I couldn't help with that.
If you can set the game to 1024x768, which is still an old standard for many games, that should already look bigger and more comfortable to play. If the game allows that, setting it to 1920x1080 would likely fit your monitor resolution, thus allowing to play the game in full screen.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty