View Single Post
Old 20-02-2010, 11:13 PM   #18
CatherineMcClarey

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccade View Post
I have a solution for this, but it involves a hex editor and messing with your game files to change stats and stuff.

Not sure if that is that's what yr after.

biddybiddybiddy.

NB - this photo was taken *before* Megan's law came into effect.
I reloaded my last saved game from Countdown to Doomsday, and made sure I put lots more skill development points into Climb, Acrobatics, and especially Programming for those characters who already had those skills open. I also had the Rocketjock open Programming & put the max. 15 points into that skill with each level-up (he already had the Maths prerequisite skill opened, since it's also required for Astrogation & Navigation). Still made sure I saved before attempting to save Scott.dos from the data sharks -- but at least I succeeded this time.
Did a lot of the Jupiter flying-rig sequence dumbed-down to Novice level. As it turned out, it was no big deal that my characters weren't earning as many XPs in that area -- because once your party gets the Matrix Device deployed and finally defeats Sid Refuge once & for all, you get 3 cheers from Buck, Wilma & the rest of the NEO troops who arrive at the rig -- and then get dumped back to the DOS prompt in DOSBox!
BTW, I found my old floppy-disk copies of both Buck Rogers games in the basement (just can't play them without a floppy drive on any of the computers at home) -- so watch my eBay auctions next month, because I'll be selling them there, complete with the original boxes, manuals, and even the SSI cluebooks!
CatherineMcClarey is offline                         Send a private message to CatherineMcClarey