View Single Post
Old 21-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #213
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
Let me tell you what happened to my character in New Reno.
After getting sent to the stables by the bishops my character opened a chest there which made the people in the stables hostile, forcing him to start a slaughter. Back in NR the Bishops were hostile so they had to be killed too.
I killed the mechanic who stole the car, no one gets away with stealing my car and telling me in my face that I have to rebuy it, no matter how many quest XP and a car updates I missed, this is a roleplaying game (I don't feel too bad if I can't do slaughter quests for evil mafia clans either).
In the movie studio my character looted a shelf which made the korsian brothers hostile, so he had to kill them and some others too.
I overlooked that there was a passage east, so I never found the Wright family and couldn't do their quests (including the SAD).
There were many other things which went wrong in my game, Vic din't even survive his first few minutes, In Redding I faced heavy losses at failed attempts to defeat the Wannamingos, When fighting the evil guys for the sheriff Sulik blocked a door in Redding so my character couldn't shoot past him but everyone could shoot at Sulik who obviously died (should have run away), Cassidy died when meeting an Enclave patrol, similar things happened to the others, no NPC in my party survived until the end.
Other things late in the game which I don't want to spoil went wrong too.

It didn't matter, the game was finishable without much trouble anyway.

Fallout2 is a role playing game, it's not about squeezing out every possible quest XP by killing innocent people for mafia clans. If you want to level up you can simply search for random encounters, you're already far higher level than you're supposed to be at the end.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga