View Single Post
Old 16-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #29
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
Now see the first playthrough by yourself you do end up overpowered...and there is a reason for that, the game is meant to be played with friends. Every player who joins your game makes the game harder, and the game even tells you that. The bosses the mooks all get harder, and the ammo stays the same. So while you might have way to much now, when 4 people are picking over it after a big boss fight the game is a lot harder. Plus the first playthrough is rather easy, the second third fourth and fifth all get harder...and hey you stop leveling at 50 (or 60 I think with the DLC) you almost reach that level in the first playthrough. I have played the game on the "third" playthrough and got my but handed to me over and over.

The mistake here is pretty simple Borderlands is not a single player game, it can be played as such but is meant to be played MP. The game has it's faults don't get me wrong, but the fun that can be had with friends far outweighs them.
You can't just include SP and say it's an MP game. If there is an SP mode, you got to make it work as well as the MP, else it's a half-assed game, and it should seriously affect the overall score, or the conclusion in other words.

Plus, of course a game should be a lot harder when playing in coop. But the question is compared to what? I got the feeling when you were talking about the difficulty augmentation that you were comparing it with the difficulty in SP mode. If in SP the difficulty is 1, and in 4 Coop is 4, then what the heck has changed? Well never mind that, russ was talking about coop too, so I don't understand what you're trying to prove.