View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 04:50 PM   #13
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post

Continuing my narrative of the long journey towards weight loss... *Phew* *Whew*

I lost over 21.0 kg including gaining muscle mass. My BMI is <23 at the moment and I intend to get to weight with BMI 22 when I lose only another 2 kg. Alleluia!

However, if I disregard the gain of muscle mass (my silhouette is quite thin *Phew* *Whew*), my BMI could be almost 21 or <21 after losing another 2 kg... *Phew* *Whew*

In the past, I did not know the subject of the body getting used to, reducing metabolism and being harder to lose weight. Now, I am varying my physical activities:

01) Running at 10 km / h for 90 minutes on a 15 km course (high impact on the knees, heels, shins and ankles);
02) Jogging at 8 km / h for 120 minutes on a 16 km course (jogging causes less impact on the knees and heels);
03) Indoor Cycling / Spinning at 39 km / h ~ 40 km / h for 120 minutes (the problem is the seat being hard and causing discomfort over time ).

And her are my stimulus and challenge: it is never too late to start a physical activity. The most important and difficult thing is to take the first and step out of the comfort zone. Oh, also maintain perseverance, patience and optimism!

I always like these expressions, very true and wise:

01) Sooner rather than late!
02) He who warns you is a true friend!

Finally my long journey of weight reduction is coming to an end and I intend to now maintain my weight after losing another 2 kg. And I will go back to eating meat and junk food only on weekends...
Probably my last post on this matter...

One good, encouraging and useful thing I forgot to mention:

It is possible to divide the total time of physical exercises into intervals so that you can rest, wash your sweaty hands, drink liquid to rehydrate yourself.

I, for example, depending on the ambient temperature, do exercises for 30 to 45 minutes and then rest within 5 minutes.

On very hot days, I have to rehydrate myself in order to avoid headaches. In the past, I used to run around in the middle of the night (dawn) and early mornings so that the low temperatures (14 °C - 18 °C) avoided excessive fluid loss from the body and, consequently, headaches.