Thread: Saccades Stuff
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2009, 08:49 AM   #22
Saccade
[BANNED]

Red Dwarf: Infinity Welcomes Careful Drivers

Game (zip) - includes readme and GNU license.
Review
Screenshot

I'm going to question this game and ask for a second opinion as to whether it should really be on the site.
It's a fan project really and, because of this, means that people who aren't fans of the Red Dwarf series will find it pretty hard to figure out what to do.

I've been referring to the books it's based on and watched the TV series again and I'm still stumpted.
It's almost like the solution is there, but it just will not work no matter how you phrase it or how many stages you try to break it up into...

The mapping isn't great - it's mind bending because of using only 4 directions to move, but 8 in the map...
The parser is occasionally a pain to use as the structure is backward to pretty much every other Interactive Fiction or Text Adventure I've ever played.
The game feels incomplete in that there are typo's and spell errors and, for the creator's confidence in his parser - it isn't up to what he says it is.

This game feels like it's been made up as he's gone through it for his University course and that it just isn't a complete game.

And this has nothing to do with the fact that it's the only one so far that I haven't been able to finish!!!

Last edited by Saccade; 18-04-2009 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Trying to get rid of the annoying ! yellow triangle icon for my thread...
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade