Thread: 1869
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #169
Jacquard
Default Endless game

Hi, itīs nice to meet peope who also enjoys this great game.

I have a problem, or so does it seem. The game simply doesnīt end. I am in 1881 and the company name doesnīt appear in the best companies table, the game simply continues. Itīs worth said that this is my record game with + 300.000 $ (with some cheating, smuggling in the Crimean War, avoiding blockades by saving and repeating and so, it must be said, but I am going to play fairly), maybe thereīs some relationship. Is it normal?
Thanks in advance.

For tips, here are my two cents:
1. The 600-ton brig has been the backbone of my fleet, covering most routes. These are routes that can be repeated again and again with this ship (given its limited pace and volume).

1.1. In the Atlantic, Buy Wine in Le Havre, Textiles in Amsterdam and Machines in London, go to Cape Town, sell all and buy Coal and Sugar, and sell them in Le Havre and Amsterdam, respectively, and buy Wine and Textiles in the process. Then go to London, buy Machines, and repeat the route.

1.2.Buy Machines in London, go to Barcelona, sell part of them, buy Tools, and go to Rio de Janeiro, sell all and buy either Cocoa, and sell it in Amsterdam, or go to Havana and buy Sugar, that you can sell in Amsterdam, but also in Lisbon, or even in Odessa (I prefer that, since Amsterdam receives Sugar from another line).

1.3. In Asia, buy Textiles in Melbourne, sell them in Rangoon and Singapore, and buy Rare Wood and Indian Rubber there, that you will sell in Sidney and Melbourne respectively. Itīs important to border Australia in clock-direction, since the streams favour that.

1.4. Best route by far, Silk from Macao to Los Angeles and Textiles from Los Angeles to Macao.

1.5. You can combine that with Coal from Shangai to San Francisco, and buy Machines and Tools in San Francisco to bring them to chinese ports.

1.6. In Africa, the Ivory from Accra, combined with smaller quantities of Rare Wood if you canīt complete the cargo due to Ivoryīs expensiveness, makes a good bussiness too.

These routes provide modests but steady sources of income. They may be useful, specially at the beginning of the game.

2. The black and red steamship is a good ship too. Use it in Atlantic voyages between Europe and North America, or going along America.

3. For bigger ships, I like the 1500-ton Steel-hulled Clipper, which I use to make bussines in the Pacific, reverse clock-direction. Wool and Sugar from Sidney to North American Pacific ports, Machines, Tools and Textiles from there to Asia, and products from there to Australia.