Thread: 1869
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #162
Traderman1981
Cool routine start-up in 1869

There is somwhere my post made few years ago. For those who want to make BIG cash in 1869 game, folow this:

1. Start game in London
2. Order a 600 ton Iron Ship. Pay advance.
3. Just before its finished, take a maximum loan.
4. Pay for ship.
5. Hire cre "dig in (3rd best)". Put all money on ship. Set captain orders "Hard" and add Bonus.
6. Go to Le Havre - buy max wine you can.
7. Set sail to Melbourne - save game.

8. Sell all wine in Melbourne. Give rest to your crew cor 2-4 days. Buy max textilies.
9. Set sail to Rangoon.
10. Sell Textilies. Buy India Rubber.
11. Return to Melbourne.
12. Repeat that route twice.
13. In Melbourne buy max textilies and set sail to Bombay (it should be march-april by now).
14. Sell textilies, buy Tea.
15. Go to London.

Now - give back your credit, put some money for taxes into warehouse, repair ship and set sail to repeat that route.

16. After max 1.5 year of trading this way, you should have around 35000 cash - enough to buy another ship of same clas.

17. While you repeat that proffitable route, open branch in Melbourne (to store Coal and Wine over there).
18. One ship will be to colect money from Melbourne and trade Wine>Textilies>Tea over Melbourne>Bombay?London - other you should use in Asia to trade Textlies/Machines (sometimes silk).

My new record is 282000 in cash with two 1600 steamships. I Will try to pull this up a bit, since I made new routes with big paypayoff a bit two late and I have lost few times whole cargo. Still, being close to 300k at end of 1879 is good score imho!