View Single Post
Old 23-08-2019, 10:01 AM   #32
DADi590

Thanks for the reply. Though, none of the ideas worked... About the edit, I didn't know it was the minimum, nor that it could be changed. I thought it was a fixed value. And thanks for the link. Very interesting actually. I'm not from MS-DOS era (or at least with enough age), but I find thse things kinda interesting. Sadly, the max file load seems not to be possible to change... (unless I rewrite PSP's kernel and drivers to do this and I have no idea how to do it, nor I'm an experienced programmer or hard-coder, I'm only a beginner haha). I've thought in putting the game in an img file, but I'm not quite sure how to do it yet... I think it would solve the problem is the cause is the max file load being 9 (not 10, my mistake - so including the DOSBox executable, the remaining are 8 files to load). But I can't do this now. I don't have a PC. I'm changing configuration and those things from my PSP and putting other DOSBox versions on it through my phone. I'll not be at home for days... So I'm open to any more suggestions since I can't test the img one. Btw, the Android DOSBox has DOS 5.0 and Fallout 1 works there (I've seen videos showing it working), and also, the PSP version of DOSBox is 0.71, if it helps in any way. But Fallout works on the PC version 0.71, so versions of DOSBox and DOS should not be the problem I think. Any more ideas.......? haha

EDIT: If it helps, I read the img part here: https://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-ho...t-written.html. The person seems to have my problem and on the PSP, and I found the img idea interesting. I just don't know if it won't put the PSP slower by being loading an operating system... (if I understood their ideas right)
DADi590 is offline                         Send a private message to DADi590