View Single Post
Old 31-12-2012, 01:03 AM   #4
madhattervvvi

Here's more to the description. I found this on another blog (but no answer on it either) but at least I'm not crazy:

Quote:
GJSC0831:
This one is killing me. My uncle gave me this game for my bday circa late 80's early 90s. He thinks it was developed by Sierra but I'm not 100% sure on that. Here's what I know

1.) It's about whales (Not Whale's Voyage)

2.) Educational feel for most of it - you can go out and spot different types of whales - decent graphics at the time.

3.) The other part of the game was exploring this old whaling museum. Part mystery, etc.. You could click on Harpoons, look at paintings etc... But it was definitely a "mystery".

4.) Played on Apple 2GS

Any ideas????

I have also been looking for this game for ages and nobody ever replied to this persons post. If anyone might be able to help me that would be great. I have more to add to it.

There was an older game that was almost exactly the same that was completely text based. I played them both but the latter released game is what I am interested in. It is a clue finding game where you can go around your house as well as a museum.

There is a part of the game (the beginning of the original) where your character wakes up in the middle of the night in his new house and a picture of the previous owner (an old whaler) is beckoning to him. because of this the boy goes about wondering about the old mans story.

Eventually he finds enough clues to open the attic and find the old mans diary and stuff.

The game play is very interesting. It is a map of the house/village/musium with all the furniture. you move the character around with the keyboard and press enter next to something to examine it. All examinations and story is of course text, but there are some action comic lick animations.

please help?
So it could have been Sierra, but checking the wikipedia list of all Sierra games (even those released under broad association with Sierra) gave me no real hopefuls.

Its a shame, this game greatly influenced who I became in life, so I'd love to see it again.
madhattervvvi is offline                         Send a private message to madhattervvvi