View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Default shadoan - Kingdom II

I downloaded this game through a link in the ISO cellar but have found it difficult to get going. It has to be mounted to install, first off. This I've done and now have two lots of files on the hard drive. The first lot were the installation/mounted files in the mds and mdf formats. The second lot were the installation files which came from installing and has the shadoan.bat file which the game plays from. It has to be played through Dosbox of course. So were do I go to from here? I tried playing through dos box and using the shadoan bat file but dosbox keeps asking for the CD rom. I can't burn the folder containing the mds/mdf files to a CD as it's too large, and my laptap has problems burning DVDs. But the installation instructions says I can just play it off the hard drive.
How would I set up dosbox to recognise the folder with the mds/mdf as the cd rom drive....assuming these are files which would have gone onto the cd rom drive. The other folder has the shadoan.bat and a bunch of exe files, but these are usually the ones that go onto the hard drive, aren't they?

Has anyone been successfull in getting Shadoan to play off the hard drive and how did you manage it?

Thanks muchly!
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree