View Single Post
Old 28-03-2006, 03:33 AM   #10
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

EOF,
I don’t have as much time as I used to, so when playing the games, some of them I take shortcuts. So in other words, I cheat, especially if the game includes repetitive game play.
But some games, which I find worth spending more time on I play without cheating. Good examples of this are SuperFrog (replaying this classic – Amiga version) and Lionheart (Amiga also). Second one I finished twice rescently, while first one I am trying (again) to get all passcodes.
Some games did improve with 3D. Such example is metal gear – metal gear solid. Some Nintendo examples of great title improvements include Metroid, F-Zero, Starfox, Castlevania and Super Mario series.
Speaking of game play, I still remember when C64 users had same argument about Amiga game play. And then add to this Atari – Amiga users war.
But back to topic, old games are fine, in many cases short/reparative and monotone, but so new games have their downfalls. But still a lot of new games have great gameplay. For example Crash Bandicot (PS/PS2), Jack and Dexter, Prince of Persia (new titles – God, I hated gameplay of the old ones), Grand Turismo, Beyond Good and Evil... just to name few of them…
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue