View Single Post
Old 28-03-2006, 12:30 AM   #5
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Huh... Cheating in old games like MegaMan and Castlevania? Sorry, but you do suck if you can't do otherwise. :blink:

My main grudge with new games is that they are worse quality gameplay wise than old games. Why do you keep playing old games? You got it, because the gameplay is so great they are just wonderfull to play over and over again even if we beaten the game numerous times. Several great examples spring to my mind, like MOO2, Transport Tycoon, Xcom...

In today new games, once you've got around a game then you're pretty much done. And those games who try to copy the old and tryied gameplay style of the old games do it all wrong... You can't take, for example, Xcom and do a 3D clone of it. It just won't fit, the 2D isometric camera angle is part of the gameplay. A 3D clone of Xcom is a completely different game. And somehow the game creators fail to see this easily understandable point. That's why games like Aftermath suck to the point I don't have words to describe while Xcom remain brilliant and unchallenged by other games.

My second grudge is taking games and expending the serie without following the gameplay. MOO3 is the perfect example... There is so little left of MOO in MOO3, it's not even the same game. Only the name is similar, and it doesn't take Einsteins to understand the reason; it sell better with a popular name stickied on the box.