View Single Post
Old 27-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #32
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I think he is trying to claim that Rebel Fighter and Tie Fighter were just simulations in that game world, not real events. A pity that is in no way the case, they were depicting events from the Star Wars Extended Universe. You can easily have a Star Wars game with little to no mention of the force, it isn't a required part of the story structure, however the sci-fi aspect isn't either, blasters, light sabers, faster then light travel, space flight are major aspects of the series. But even then I could see them being not needed, a simple story about a young man on a backwards world with no access to high tech weapons or space but still being hunted by the Sith for his Force abilities.

So to put it in a shorter way, yes I could see a Star Wars game without the Force or Sci-Fi...but without both no I don't think that would work.

Also if you think the tech talk in Star Wars is just double speak, you might want to look into the cannon books that explain the tech and have a talk to the scientists who have said that in the near future a weapon like the light saver is possible. Star Trek was just as bad for techno-babble to make its future tech work, all Sci-Fi movies and show are really. To explain future technology based on what we know today is impossible, to us in reality the tech would look more like magic then science. So they need to make a bit of a leap add in new tech talk to make it seem real and sciencey.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86