Thread: Ascendancy
View Single Post
Old 13-08-2022, 01:31 PM   #620
Admiral Loknar
Post Balance feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicheal View Post
Hello!
ASCENDELYXE 2.0 is finally done. If a guy wants to play Ascendancy the best possible way, download it.
Hey there. I like everything about your mod and finally we have a vision of someone who actually understands the game. First the combat is so much better now in terms of balance. You can't beat AI on Energy advantage by kiting and waiting until they run out and shoot them afterwards. Fixing weapons range helps as well, cause previously you was invulnerable if you had speed advantage. Now you actually have to think and shields are useful, altho not balanced at all in terms of energy consumption.

One thing I don't understand is the Economy balance and Production Points cost in particular. How exactly does it help AI? Not only it ruins any semblance of balance for the player, but also hampers AI. I think the original intent was to make them build more advanced structures or ships more, but keeping these values close to vanilla achieves this and better. Many advanced structures cost is so absurd that you have no option to build them anyway. 600 PP is huge investment for such a small gains and there are no better structure at 600 PP than Orbital Shipyard and 2nd tier Research structure. And the later you usually build only after the planet completely developed by replacing Agripots and Factories/Labs. Basically you don't build anything except 100 PP structures until very late in the game where you basically won already.