View Single Post
Old 16-09-2011, 10:54 PM   #6
KrazeeXXL
BORG

Well, I think some lead programmer just didn't like the style on how you approached things.

When I build a new team, I usually look for ppl who complete it. So, when I find someone who codes in a way I like, I pick him ofc.

You can't do anything when someone doesn't like your code/style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonhsabugs
I am no expert in C#, I usually implement in C/C++ and Java, but usually an alternative to switch is have the many elements as specific objects, extending some super class, so you only need to call the appropriate (overloaded) method in each one. However you get these object from the API in this case, and I can't see how you could effectively implement this. Another more object-oriented alternative is to build a class, backed by a hashtable or something, which would provide you dynamically (and quicker) the methods (or objects) for each possible key.
I'd sign that.

Some well meant advice:
You have to show ppl that you're versatile with your programming skills. So it's not a plus to focus just in one single direction.

While you might've found a good solution (from the state of your own overall-programming-experience at this time), it can't hurt to look on other solutions for the same problem, too. You have to broaden your own horizon.

Some things might look good for you today but you might laugh (or whine) in a couple of years when you look back at them again.

edit: effin' grammar (again and again)

Last edited by KrazeeXXL; 17-09-2011 at 01:52 AM.
KrazeeXXL is offline                         Send a private message to KrazeeXXL