View Single Post
Old 22-07-2010, 12:12 AM   #10
BostonGeorge
Game freak

That's really a nice review

But to add one thing, it is to say that you will have a party later in the game but actual you start alone and can only add NPCs you meet during your quest. That is not so bad for the gameplay though it was a real surprise for me as I expected it from the sequels were you can choose your whole party from the beginning. I loved the crafting-aspect too like in The Summoning or in early Ultimas but the small manual is a joke!

But I can (and I have to) strongly recommend this game to all RPG-Fans in the World. The Developers did for my interest a very good job here. And the fact that they were forced into bankruptcy because it was a PC-only title is really sad. Germany does not have a lack of good game designers but a huge lack of social and political acceptance to games as other countries have.

Furthermore, if someone likes old Western-RPGs as Wizardry or Eye of the Beholder you have to play the Prequels. Well, the first one is really hard and had kind of ugly graphics but the second and the third one are just great. And all three have one of the best Fantasy-Roleplaying-Soundtracks you'll ever listen to. Trust me

But whatever; Drakensang is a jewel!

Last edited by BostonGeorge; 22-07-2010 at 12:17 AM.
BostonGeorge is offline                         Send a private message to BostonGeorge