View Single Post
Old 14-01-2011, 05:56 AM   #9
Nick02

Send a message via Yahoo to Nick02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
Will it cover other platforms besides PC?

First I think you should enable users to log in with a Twitter or Facebook account, so they don't need to make a separate account for this, unless they want. But I think you already know how to do that, you did it in AR.
Yes. The social network would cover any platform, as long as the game is either freeware or abandonware.

As for the log in feature, as you can see in the phpFox demo, the Facebook login feature is preinstalled. If I recall, I could also add a twitter login option as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arete View Post
I would so join this. Retrolife is catchy. You can't call it retro game life, can you? You need a tiny gaming cursor icon, or a tetris L block. I feel sorry for the guys who made tetris. But anywho. Can't have a green tentacle or a space invader or a pacman eating a space invader. But something small and green, and a gold-green loom-like futuristic font. I wouldn't like to have my real name associated with internet activities, though. Facebook is bad enough. But i love the thought of game pages you can 'like', links you can post to obscure abandonware titles, places for indie game developers to gather customers and followers. And above all, if someone is looking for a member for their team, they can just search for devs or graphic designers. I like it. It has style. And i get to have Abandonia Crew on a virtual T-shirt, at least. I love it.
Glad you like the idea Arete!

I love all your suggestions. In fact.. I'll start work on a logo. I think Retrolife is perfect. In fact, using a coupon and some extra cash on hand, I may be able to buy the domain "retrolife.info". I'll look into it.

*starts working on the logo*

The wheels have begun to turn.