View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 01:49 AM   #9
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonely Vazdru+Jan 4 2006, 01:54 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lonely Vazdru @ Jan 4 2006, 01:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Taskmaster@Jan 4 2006, 12:24 AM
The original Space Invaders on the arcade machine was black and white and they placed a color filter on the glass that let the bottom be red and the top blue I think.* At least I remember reading that somewhere.
Yep. That's how it was. Lines of coloured plastic were plastered on the screen so the invaders would change their colour when they went down one line. There were like four or five different plastic lines. Then came Galaxian, with real colours ! That was a shock ! :w00t: [/b][/quote]
Oh man, I have actualy played with one of them (in the 80s)!!!!
The one that I found fascinating (as an arcade) was Phoinix (sp?) where it was (the first) that had a whole closed cockpit, a screen on the bottom ahead which you could see in a mirror infront of you, though in shrinked for some reason. Also it had a joystic k(or close to that) and speakers around the seat. (for the mono sound LOL)
Ah, man I sucked at that game!
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios