View Single Post
Old 27-03-2005, 08:07 AM   #117
Mobbo

Quote:
Originally posted by einherjar+Dec 28 2004, 02:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (einherjar @ Dec 28 2004, 02:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Eagle of Fire@Dec 27 2004, 03:47 AM
Quote:
The copy I had was 5 "floppy" disks (called hard disks back then),
Floppies never been called "hard disk". An HD is what is several gig big in your computer and allow you to stuff on it...

I never had that much problem completing any of X-Wing missions. God knows that I almost scrapped my mouse playing this game tough! :blink:
Are you sure? They were always called hard disks around here, and the harder disks were hard drives. The 5" (or so) disks were floppy disks. [/b][/quote]
Ok, To be a bit more Technical, The "hard Disk" your refering to is the 3.5 inch Floppy Disk, Commonly called Hard Disk back then, Do to the fact the the 5.25 inch was very plyable, and the 3.5 had a Hard case on it. It was not a industry term, but just a term many people people used to help associate one from the other. And I would of loved to see a "Hard Disk" Hard Drive, that carried Gigabytes of Information on it back then. Considering i was still using a 120 MB Hard Drive in those days.... Hope that clears everything up