View Single Post
Old 19-03-2005, 05:44 AM   #114
Flop
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Meril+Mar 14 2005, 10:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Meril @ Mar 14 2005, 10:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Guest@Mar 13 2005, 05:42 AM
When I used Picards instructions for dosbox, I type in the 'mount c c:\dosprog' command, but then it comes up with a message 'Directory c:\dosprog doesn't exist'. What am I doing wrong?

By the way, I have the cd image mount in drive 'f:'.

I have 'local drive c:', and 'compact disks d:, e: and f:' in 'My Computer'... 'compact disk d:' is real, while 'compact disk e: and f: are fake (I think?? )
It means, that the direcotry c:\dosbox not exist. On witch drive you have installed your game? i.e. if you installed xwing into d:\games\xwing, then you enter

mount c d:/games/xwing

That means, in dosbox you will go to drive c: (that in reality is d:\games\xwing), so you start the game with

c:\xwingcd [/b][/quote]
This is wrong. He needs to mount the drive in dosbox before installing the game.

Create a folder called dosprog on your c drive. Then follow picards guide, it should work now.

I gotta say, though, that VDMsound is a lot simpler to use, and it works better too. Dosbox tends to slow some games down a bit too much for my pc. Just remember to enable mscdex in VDMsound, if you're gonna run x-wing, or it wont work.
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop