View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 02:39 PM   #56
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I think you are being a bit too harshe on Morrowind here. Sure it had some points you can moan about but on the whole it looked (and looks) amazing. It is powerhungry yes but then it does a whole lot more then any FPS. Don't compare Morrowind to a FPS because it is not. It works differently and tries to do different things. People especially work a lot different then in FPS. Each person in Morrowind is a unique individual that is handeled by the computer as being unique. FPS have monsters that are all the same and behave all the same (you might have different monsters but all Helldemons act like oneanother).

Morrowind was buggy as was every Elder Scrolls game before it. The people that are working on the games are not the best in the bussiness but they try to cramm everything they can think of in a single game and this leads to problems. Playing Morrowind led to crashes now and then but it was not unplayable because of it.

As I mentioned in my own post faces, animations and textures were the biggest grippes you could have with the graphics of Morrowind and I hope they improve uppon that in the new engine. Better weather effects are of course welcome (like fog) but it was not something I missed perticularly when playing Morrowind. The existing weather effects are breathtaking (well they were when the game came out).

I too hope that the new engine will improve upon what exists today, What I wanted to say with my orrigional post was that even today the graphics of Morrowind are still top notch and with very little alteration could fit in any game in the genre.
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles