Thread: Gold Rush
View Single Post
Old 27-09-2018, 07:40 PM   #94
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewJFisher View Post

Have you ever followed a game link and gotten the message "This item is currently unavailable in your region"? I've had to rely on GOG for most of my old games, as far as I know they don't "region" their games. I'm surprised though that they're not yet selling Gold Rush! More Sierra text games have appeared since I last posted e.g The Colonel's Bequest(Laura Bow 1) and Codename:Iceman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post

Many times, actually. I am Russian, so I suspect I see such messages times more than anyone else (except, maybe, Brazilians).

But question was if KQ and SQ unavailable for you on Steam. Are you Chinese or New Zealand?
Greetings from Poke-man Bonk! Bonk!, Grandmaster Spectreman.

I remember some restrictions of this kind years ago (in the case it was Drakensang series - sales only for North America at the online stores as GameTap or GamePro that went bankrupt ), but I believe that this does not occur any more except when it is selling games in the form of physical media.

When selling games in digital format, it does not make the slightest sense to have this type of restriction since there is linkage to online stores such as Steam, Origin, etc. or need activation as in the case of Metaboli. It would be like shot yourself on the foot several times. It is nonsense to restrict sales to certain regions of the world when selling games in digital format.

And it is not worth mentioning the incidences of fraud, as there are reliable means of payment such as PayPal (which requires confirmation of credit card and bank account).