View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 10:30 PM   #24
AnT hook

I agree, it's a matter of personal taste and there weren't many of such kind at that time (and this is for good, taking in mind 3d-technologies of early 90th), but the very first time I played it, I saw how bad it is. The graphics isn't the main factor (while, say, "Eternam", which came out a year before, looked much better). Look at "Legacy: Realms of Terror", or "Alone in the Dark", or the recent "Waxworks" - all of them came out at the same time, but what a rich gameplay they had! Interesting stories, very good mix of fighting and problem-solving (real problem solving, not just "run to the other side of island and get a banana there"), and, again, much nicer graphics.
For me "IoD" is missiong all of this, while introducing very stupid and limited gameplay (also very irritating), almost no story, no puzzles, confusing fighting (even with gun or riffle) and ugly engine.
That's IMO, of coure, but the game is among the worst I've ever played, along with "Curse of Enchantia", "Leather Goddesses of Phobos 2" and "Psycho" That is the reason I desided to leave a comment, so please don't take it personal
AnT hook is offline                         Send a private message to AnT hook