View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 06:20 PM   #20
Execution Style

Wow.. I loved this game on the C64. Too bad PC version has the worst graphics of the lot.

Still, this is one of the hardest games to beat, which is why it kept me coming back. I wanted to point out that the reviewer had the opposite experience from me. Personally, I found the jousting to be the only way to win in a lot of games. Let me explain in detail because this is really tricky.

The tip of your lance bounces up and down with the horse's motion. It start down, bounces up and back down to the same spot. On the 4th bounce, when the lance reaches the bottom, that is the spot you will hit the enemy. You need to move your controller around so that at the bottom of the 4th bounce, the tip of your lance hits your opponent's shield, preferrably at the bottom.

I think I used to hit the fire button at that moment, too, although since I never had the manual (C64 days ) I really didn't know if that mattered.

You can win two chunks of land with every jousting tournament, so make use of this! You won't win at first, but with practise it will pay off