Thread: Close Combat I
View Single Post
Old 28-05-2004, 11:54 AM   #7
LotharGR
Super Freak

Yeah, the HP factor is not unrealistic, it must be used. But simply, if you want HP and realism together, you can do other things. First make the weapons do more damage. Then you can also import critical hits ( like hits to the head etc ). I believe that in a realistic war game 50% at least of the hits must be immediate kills. And of course i talking about rifle hits... Hits by larger guns, like Tank cannons etc should be most of the time ( if not always ) fatal.
And also there is another realism factor. When a bullet hits a man, it isn't a simple "live or die" matter. Even if he lives, and even with a small wound, there are other things that can happen to him. When people is hitten by a bullet the shock is so great that most of times he looses his senses ( its not like the movies :P ). And this is the case especially for weapons of WW2 were the caliber of this weapons was 7.62 or 7.92. The philosophy of modern guns is most of the times to wound the enemy ( a wounded enemy screaming and moaning is more.... "usefull" than a dead one..... ). The guns of WW2 killed more easily.
LotharGR is offline                         Send a private message to LotharGR