View Single Post
Old 29-05-2010, 10:17 AM   #56
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by metatechnocrat View Post
Have managed to get the install and update to work fine. However both manual "command line" running and "drag and drop" onto DOSbox returns the no cd message.

I still have all the original material and having the original CD in the D: drive and mounting that as a CD drive in DOSbox doesn't seem to work. mounting DFCD directory doesn't either.

What am I missing? I suppose I could just reinstall from my old CD but don't remember ever getting that to work as I have had the urge to play it again before.
You have to tell us what mount commands are you entering, otherwise we can't tell you what's wrong with them.

Drag 'n drop mounts only one folder as HD, you need to use commands to mount the CD also. Make sure the folder path you're passing to the mount commands is the real one, not virtual. For example if you mount the game folder as virtual C:\, still you can't use "C:\DFCD" to mount the CD, use the real path.

Place those paths between quotation marks. When mounting the CD, make sure you pass the additional arguments "-t cdrom -label Daggerfall" (without quotation marks) after the folder path.

If you want to play with your original CD, you still have to install it from within DOSBox. (You'll also want to use the patch after you're done.) Mount the folder you want the game to be installed as virtual drive C; mount the CD as virtual drive D (with "-t cdrom -label Daggerfall"); run the installation program in the CD now mounted as D:, choosing C:\DAGGER as the destination directory.

Make sure you have "memsize=32", you can enter in the command line
Code:
config -set dosbox memsize=32