View Single Post
Old 30-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRS View Post
It sucks not only because I didn't make $ or that I failed my community. During my research I met authors of books my Dad was getting 30+ years ago... I feel I let them down, too. And screwed up my resume, too, wasting so much time on this project.
Wrong. You made a choice that was logical at the time. From what you've told us, you did NOT have anything to do with any of the screw-ups. Incompetent clients/bosses do happen.

Quote:
You'll shout "get a normal job, abandon all your crazy ideas". The point is they won't let me sleep at night anymore... I need to work on something I believe in. It gives my otherwise dull body wings.
Welcome to the club.
Crazy? We're all mad here, dear Alice. If everyone was completely sane (did such a person ever exist, anyhow?), the world would be boring.
To quote Justin DuMorne, mediocrity is a terrible fate.

If you're looking for a coder... well, I don't have a problem with coding for the challenge, lulz and kudos. Keeps me from getting bored. Might learn a thing or two in the process, which is also a good thing.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman