Thread: Master of Magic
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2006, 07:57 AM   #244
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

I'll give that a try, though I'm always annoyed when I've just built a few settlements early in the game and they're being overrun by monsters I can't take on yet (because at that point I've only had time to train like 2 halberdiers/similar for each city).

Usually I start building a shrine once it takes less than 100 turns as first indication (of course it won't take 100 turns because the city's production increases over time) or whenever I get rebels at 2% tax rate. Mana is usually not much of a problem, since for most types of magic I don't use the very basic creatures, so I spend little to no mana early in the game.

Before I liked to play on Myrran, but lately I prefer the regular plane because the nodes and such are not as hard to conquer... Well, at least some of them.