View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #10
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I disagree I don't think today's game makers are any less imaginative then the older ones. With a critical eye looking back at older games you will see they too are very formulaic and often with the same gameplay. Look at LucasGames MI1, MI2, Fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentacle all use the same gameplay with a different story. Sticking with a safe bet has been the industries most common tactic.

The other point is how many of you are looking into new games today, actually keeping track of the games that aren't getting the big mega advertising? Just like in the day the big super duper new game might be a pile of steaming sameness but the other games, the ones hidden behind the marketing are pure gold. As far as I am concerned thinking the new games are all crud because CoD has made the games that look the same is kinda unfair. I don't like the CoD games but I can critically look at them and see that others do and they do because of the story that each game brings, (or because they want to MP) and my point still stands when have we here ever been bothered by graphics staying the same.

As for stories today not being as good or the indie market being better I present Red Dead Redemption and Yakuza 3 and 4 oh and Dead Rising 2. There are plenty of games with great stories fun and unique gameplay out there don't just brush them all under the rug because they are new and CoD got all the marketing space again.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86