View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Actually, I am don't understand current "mainstream industry". Every logical man must know sentence "don't put all eggs in one basket". And what does all publishers? Exactly that! "Battlefield was great, let's make all our games clones of Battlefield". "Mass Effect was great, let's make another mass-effect-ish games!" "Minecraft was warmly taken by public, let's do Minecraft clone"...

Well, there is nothing bad in making another clone of popular game. But I am frankly don't understand why to make only that game?! For me, it would be much wiser to make 3-5-10 games at once. Publishers has great money, so they could, it seems, make 3 "ordinary" sequels, 2 "AAA games" and 5 little ones - as it was in 90s, when Sierra, Microprose and Interplay made several games per year from different developer crews. But it seems, it's not even considered by anyone now! Current policy "we have one mega-hit five years ago, so we will put triple money in it's sequel and will be happy with it." Why? I don't understand that.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre