View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #13
florianix
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
Yeah cause all that new hardware is so horrid and crap. And this is all a scam to just get more money out of the user. Lets all go back to using a Tandy Word Processor and never look back. I love the idea of having an old computer around to look back on, bust it out during parties and play some games on it that are hard to emulate on newer PCs, but I would never give up my new technology computer to have it. Cause every part in my new computer is just better and more powerful, not to mention I remember how much of a bitch some of my old computers were.
I agree...

... but what I absolutely don't like is that the stuff that can (or could) be done with the old hardware are reinvented to need new powerfull hardware. At least as long its not connected to improved functionality or usability.

Looking at some really basic and simple programs (or websites) I used some years ago, that now need hardware that is a magnitude more powerful -without any real improvement in functionality- makes me wonder if it was really worth to invest in a new computer.

Most of the games here show what could be done with the very limited hardware of that time.
In my opinion, its sad to see what is done with the modern computers... compared how powerful they are compared to the old ones.
florianix is offline                         Send a private message to florianix