View Single Post
Old 14-03-2014, 06:58 AM   #10
NGTM1R
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
well if someone "auto-mounted" a drive for you you can type dir to see all the files and directories inside your curent directory

then to change directory type cd [name of the directory], like "cd steelp" would go down to steelp directory (if it exists of course)

then when you type dir and see some files with extension exe or bat just write name of those, those are excutables which run things
This suggestion is not possible, as the game download does not appear to include any executable file that dosbox can run. (Well, except for EDITMBT, but that's used for unit editing, not playing the game. SETSOUND also runs, but isn't of use to run the game either. "intro" is a Windows NT executable, "Mech" is a PE executable, whatever that means.)

I know this game can actually be run in dosbox; that's how I ran it off my CD version back in the XP days, but with the shift to 64-bit windows the CD I have can no longer install. (Shame too, it includes the extra scenario for the registered CD.)

Ironically I can actually run the files inside the download via my version of Windows 7, but they expect to find a Steel Panthers 3 CD in my C: drive when that's happening.

As it stands this program cannot be used with dosbox and would require either a no-cd crack or some way to redirect it to my actual CD to use. Otherwise you might as well pull this or at least not pretend it's compatible with dosbox.

Last edited by NGTM1R; 14-03-2014 at 07:04 AM.
NGTM1R is offline                         Send a private message to NGTM1R