View Single Post
Old 13-06-2005, 05:32 PM   #24
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well C64 is my greatest love, but still this site needs to stick to DOS games and PC games only.

But i have another idea. We have reviews for games, few shots and perhaps some specials. What about adding a new small window that says "more game's info" (or something like that) that will lead us to a new page. I don't think this should be in specials because this should be much more viewable.

What am i talking about? Well, generally there are many interesting stories about how some games were created. By now, someone who knew something interesting used to mention this in his review. Also we have only few info about game: year, publisher and so... We could have much more details and perhaps some history of the game, how it was accepted in certain countries, how was it created and released and so on.

Also, as many PC games we host are just conversions we could explain what was original game on this page, what are other conversions, sequels, remakes.....

You might ask why should we have this since this stuff can be found at other sites, like Mobygames. Well, many of the games we host also can be found on the other sites, why are we here really? This means that every true game fan can find many things realted to certain game right here, at Abandonia. Maybe even links to many other stuff. Not only that we would look professional, but i think that it would improve our popularity. Guys who don't care about this will just oversee it, but there are also many other who will appreciate this.

It is more than obvious that this new pages can't be handled by a single man for a single game, but we'll have to work as a team. Perhaps eve a new team for checking stories that our members will send us.

I guess i should start a whole new topic.

Say your oppinion.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river