View Single Post
Old 21-03-2007, 01:15 PM   #99
humorguy
Super Freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sebatianos @ Mar 21 2007, 02:07 PM) [snapback]284445[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Exactly. So to them a game like Medal of Honour will represent something like (let's say) C&C represented to us. It's not the matter of which game is better, it's about capturing the spirit of the generation that grows up with it.

And we're not growing up with games anymore, which does in a way alienate us from what is currently made.
[/b]

I think you might be all surprised. My Nephew is 15 years old and has just discovered the Quest series. He has got the Police Quest series XP compatible pack and is looking to get the others! He has also surprised me by saying he got Bladerunner in a charity shop and is loving it, with no problem with the graphics! Youngsters may surprise us in what they become interested in. I think our generation of games will be found and played for a coupel more generations, with each couple years a couple of classics from the 90's dropping off the radar forever to be lost, but that will be a long time from now.
humorguy is offline                         Send a private message to humorguy