Thread: New XCOM
View Single Post
Old 20-10-2012, 06:13 AM   #14
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Played the game at all EoF? I have and am really liking it, a few things bug me like the aliens getting a free move when you first spot them though that is only an issue when they move into my field of view then get an extra move on top of their finished turn. But the game is fun, a lot of fun and it feels good when you manage to defeat a hard map and take little damage.

Not to mention it gets harder and harder as you go on, Abduction site choices lead to the player needing to think about both reward, difficulty and panic levels. Do you go for the mission that hooks you up some more money, but let a country max panic and possibly leave the X-Com program? Or do you take that harder mission and hope you get out of it with your unit intact? Then you will start running into harder units and upgraded units, thought that sectoid was getting easy well know they will be mind screwing you every turn and taking over units.

Sure it isn't the first game all over again, but that isn't a bad thing some of the stuff removed has made the game better. Not to mention the first game isn't the perfect game it has its faults as well and wouldn't sell well in today's market even amongst people loyal to the franchise. I know I will sink a lot more hours into this game then I ever did in the old one.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86