TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubb View Post
trip to where?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post

Where is it?
Well, it's near the city where I live (Chisinau, capital of Moldova). That region itself was part of the botanical garden in the past, I think even before they splitted it into the Garden itself and the Zoo. The botanical garden is now occupying a smaller portion across the main road that leads to the Airport.

That means there are a lot of different species of plants, brought here from different regions of USSR and the World. Trees like birches (which if you've noticed are dying) and conifers don't naturally grow in this part of Europe. There are also a lot fruit-bearing trees, enough for a bunch of people to survive winter by only eating what they find in the woods.

This zone is surrounded by the Zoo to the north, a small village to the north-west (which is slowly expanding), the botanical garden to the south-east and some cultivated land and orchards to the south-west. Somewhere around there I think you can also find the military base. I suspect that the part with the abandoned electricity lines has something to do with it, but I may be wrong. I only saw some cows and sheep there (probably from the nearest village).

Even though it's great for relaxing, I think we'll have to say goodbye to this place in the next 20 years: the town is expanding, and they recently began exploiting it (building golf courses and recreational spaces for the cityfolk). For now it's mainly around the lake, which is interconnected with 3 more lakes from the botanical garden (all artificially made). There was also a project for a village museum in open space, though it seems halted at the moment.