View Single Post
Old 22-10-2019, 12:14 AM   #4
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by webraven View Post

Please make a long review about the rise and fall of adventure games - anything from the less popular ones to sierra hits like space/kings quest and how it started declining once people saw more 3d graphics such as that in the journeyman project. Its as if people then no longer wanted to have good stories, but instead preferred to run around with a gun in some 3d world instead with graphics becoming main focus. Or maybe that wasn't the real reason for its decline. Maybe the whole thing has nothing to do with adventure games specifically as everything started transitioning to 3d anyway, yet somehow adventure titles suffered the worst? why? Is it due to larry or something that a the whole genre became a target to be stomped due to the adult content?

At any rate, the adventure genre need some kind of tribute and review to show the new generation their worth. The only good adventure games you find these days are the old ones and people still enjoy the quest games or funny monkey island etc. If adventure games was such a big curse on this world then why would people still waste their time giving tribute it - there's orchestra's, pianists, guitarists etc. playing for instance the music of monkey island. Must have had 'some' value?
I believe the main reasons follow below:

• Gaming preferences of the new generation have changed ;
• The latest games need to make an impact and the plot and storyline has gotten into the background ;
• The latest games need to be harder, with bold and sensational maneuvers and movements ;
• The latest games need to be violent and spectacular :jason;
• The latest games need to have spectacular graphics and special effects ;
• The newesr players no longer need to use their gray brain cells. On the contrary, newer players need quick reflexes and skilled hands .

If you are comparing other forms of Entertainment such as Comics, Cartoons, Movies, Music, etc., the latest overall entertainment quality is below expectations...

No offense, but is the new generation becoming more brainless ???

PS: By the way, I remembered that I posted something similar here and here.