View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 11:45 AM   #4
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

wait, if the game doesn't use internet then why and how does zone alarm come in then? as far as i know ZA will only note oyu that programe is trying to access the web. and then you can allow it or not and also tick the box to always allow or always deny.

i think games will go towards realism. i am looking forward mostly to some increased AI and to have more enemies yet once again. i mean FPS started to have this rooms with 1-3 enemies... what i would like to see is something like we saw in doom or duke3d.

and i do think that AI is progressing. you are not playing against dumb statues with predictable movement. and then once you know their movement game becomes easy and boring (e.g all arcade ones as well as strategy ones).

STALKER for example (despite it's flaws because of rushed development) has some replayability rate because each time oyu play it something else might happen. some new event etc. and that's despite the fact that they haven't fully enabled their A-life.

Also new Farcry 2 ideas seem cool (if they can manage to implement them). i mena having clouds (and storms) form because of conditions (and not because they are drawn) makes itinteresting.

Maybe strategy games will get some unpredictable behaviour as well...

and then there is Wii and it's sucess...
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor