View Single Post
Old 23-10-2018, 08:46 AM   #1
Armageddon Potato

Default Looking for a couple of old edutainment games?

Heya guys!

I've decided to hunt down and replay all the old games I remember playing on the computers at my old Elementary school from back in the day. Back in those days you only had 15 to 30 minutes to use the computer before someone else would get their turn so it was impossible to ever finish anything on them. Not to mention the game you liked may have been uninstalled for something else randomly. No one had a clue if it would be worse or better, or even newer or older! So far I've done Police Quest, Crystal Caverns, Dr. Brain, and a slew of others. However those were very memorable, and are easy to find via search engines. The ones I haven't managed to find were the edutainment titles. Here's where I remember:

(I think these games were played on old Apple computers for what it's worth.)

The first game you would price out plants and see how many you could sell. It was nice and appropriately colorful with blue/green/brown, etc. The plants were lined up via a few horizontal rows and there was an animation for how many in each row sold. I think the animation was an arm that you'd hope would come down and pull the whole row away meaning you made bank! I think there was some kind of bonus round if you did well enough at the end, but I don't remember.

The 2nd game I remember even less. (It could as well just be the bonus round of the game above for all I know.) Graphically it was a solid black background and had red graphics for everything else. You would answer random questions of math and such to move through some kind of one screen building. It would never tell you if you got a question wrong, and just ask you again. If you failed too many times I believe you'd just get booted out of the game, lol. Unfortunately my memory on this one is pretty foggy, but I could probably draw out in paint what it looked like visually from my memory.

Thanks for the help!
Armageddon Potato is offline                         Send a private message to Armageddon Potato