View Single Post
Old 21-03-2008, 02:42 PM   #197
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

I don't know how serious anyone is about this but after giving it some thought I might try this approach.

As most probably know when a group of files are zipped they can be done so using encryption which is password protected. That makes it so that the zip file can't be unzipped without knowing the password. If the downloader where required to enter their email address before the download would commence the password could be emailed to them when the download is complete. Members that were logged on already could have it go to their default email.

Now, this wouldn't be just any ordinary old email. This email would contain more than the password. It would also contain a link to Abandonia, a lot of advertising for Abandonia and a warning that the file was provided for exclusive use by Abandonia.com free of charge and that if they were charged for the download then they were ripped off and should take whatever action blah blah blah.

If you wanted the unlock password to be dynamic for a particular download then a script would have to be written that unzips and then re-zips the file with a new encryption password before each download. That might be a bit much but you never know.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer