View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 01:44 PM   #20
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
I started it but I ended up quitting. But the fight against the Basque is very funny.

I think it can be difficult to sympathize with Szvejk because he's so nationalist, Germanophobe and racist in general :P

OFF:
Pls to be excused for late answer i was in the village to prepare for grape harvest.

@Lulu_Jane
Ax, still not, Dear Lulu_Jane.
But I will do my best to find and read that book.
TY for the recommendation. Even i am PC maniac i like to read books esp. in rainy days..

@Smiling Spectre
I do have more Russian books than Bulgarian books.
I like Russian old folk fairy tales so named Билины, Сказки о Цар Султанe и так далее..Pls to be excused i used 5 Russian words, namely the name of old Russian books..
BTW, dear Smiling Spectre soon i discovered in my cellar very nice old 2 books:
1. Pedagogical poem
2. Flags over the towers
author A.C. Makarenko.
If the reader ignores some commi deviations the books are very nice. The author organized a colony of 300-400 young hooligans and bandits, who after short period of labor and education became normal and sympathetic young men and women. The ideas of tov. Makarenko are remarkable.
Do You know this author from Ukraine?
Спасибо for recommended author..

@senor Japo.

Ha ha ha,
The good soldier Swejk racist!!

No, no and no!!
Senor Japo,
in the time when the book was written Czechs were in the Austrian-Hungary empire. This is the reason Mr. Swejk does not like all Germans and Austrians. His friend sapper Vodichka hates Hungarians and starts fighting seeing Hungarians. What a mess, but i like this funny book..
Help me, dear Lulu_Jane if i am wrong.

Do You civilized the world?
Pls what was your race?