View Single Post
Old 14-11-2004, 04:20 PM   #11
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Nov 14 2004, 01:21 PM

About the job of a teacher, well that's another thing!
I know most of you believe that teachers don't have much to do, but believe me, that those who want to work well have more then enough work!!!
There are days I work from 7am to 5pm (every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday), I also have working Saturdays and when the children have holydays I work (but I'm an exception that proves the rule - there are only 3 other teachers that work half as much as I do)!
And when it comes down to teaching the children younger then 8 - well I teach children from ages of 7 up to 15 and I can tell you, that a class of 20 10 year olds is much more demanding then a class of 400 20 year olds (I gave 2 lectuers at South-West Texas University to two groups of 300 students - so I should know). If you don't believe me just try it your self!
Well, true, but I'm not just talking about classes.
If you have 20 10-year-olds, who hand in a small essay or a project, it takes some while reading over it at home and so on.
But having 400 16-20-year-olds, handing in maybe 5 page essays, and you need to read them all over? That's a BIT more work, I believe. With all due respect.

Well, anyways, it's a delicate subject.
But I really think that the teachers are handling it all wrong. They say they don't get enough respect, but they act like children! How can we respect them if they act like that?!?
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin