View Single Post
Old 30-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #5
jukingeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Nope, at least not in one any more special than the one they were normally installed on DOS computers.

The game is most likely referring to sound setup.
Have a look at other COM, EXE and BAT files in the game directory. One of them should run the setup utility so you can configure sound (and possibly some other things).

Per default DOSBox emulates Sound Blaster 16, IRQ 7, DMA 1, Adress 220, HDMA 3. If there is no option for Sound Blaster 16, choose the highest Sound Blaster version the game supports (keeping in mind that the Pro series succeeded the originals).
Nope, there is a an install executable, not a setup.bat or anything.

So do I have to go into Dosbox, navigate to the folder I made and then just hit install?

Bear with me, it has been a LONG while since I ran Dos games and most of them ran from a disc. So that would be my next question. I do have many old Dos game discs and I am sure they are probably going to ask to be installed as well.

At any rate Bioforge is the next game I am looking into and it does have the Install.exe file. But there is also a game executable to, so I am kind of stuck with what I should do. I don't want to do something and it is going to install stuff all over my computer IF you know what I mean.

Thanx,

Geo
jukingeo is offline                         Send a private message to jukingeo